Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Nickel for a comment . . .


It's no secret that the popularity of The Loop and The Lou has increased exponentially since it's introduction. Readers from St. Louis to Chicago have logged on to see what the dynamic tandem of Roller and Coovo (that's me--what up Chi-Town!) have to offer.

But a disturbing trend has been forming. Each year as the weather heats up, we tend to blog less--enjoying the freedom from the departure of Midwest winter. To support this, I have no real evidence, only the inherited family trait of self-rationalization. The formula works like this. A plus B does not equal C unless I call three people and get them to agree that A plus B could equal C. I then wait a half hour and proclaim on one of 17 blogs that A plus B not only equals C, but should be the basis for the next episode of Tyra. The scientific method never sounded (or looked) so sweet. R.I.P Lil' Penny.

So basically we just proved that Global Warming is having a detrimental effect on blogging. In particular, the winner of the 2008 Buck Tueth's Best Blog award, TLATL. Critical issues like these are being ignored as we move forward in the 2008 election. I guess since I'm not a racial minority or a women or legally able to vote, that my opinion doesn't matter.

The last post, I personally thought, was one of my best. The way the images interwove with my words to enhance the message was worthy of a Blogging Pulitzer. A Bulitzer. Yet, it only receives two comments. One of which was by me, your boy Coovo. That's me on the left. I mean I'm no David Caruso, but I can process DNA if you know what I'm sayin'. Boo-yeah!

And what about Roller. I mean the guy went to Dubai to research a post and not even 1 comment. Not 1. Not even his wife commented. Unless of course she said, "Super post, Roller dear," over dinner and he never told me. And we share everything. Well, most things. I've never met Roller. We're actually pen pals from a third grade project who just reconnected online playing Halo.

That is beside the point. The point is that cow farts, aerosol cans and Al Gore are ruining blogging by making it warmer earlier each year. Ryan is up in Minnesota and three years ago he was blogging on HillaryDuffis18.com. Now, he's out clogging in the Minneapolis sun and ignoring an invitation to be a guest blogger from this very blog. Poser.

Disclaimer: That is not actually Ryan clogging on the right. For a pictures of Ryan, please click here . . . or here . . . or here.

Will the Ryan please stand up, please stand up, please stand up . . .

4 comments:

Roller said...

Awesome. That, my friend, was a piece of work.

My wife usually says "whatever" when I ask her if she's read the blog. I did tell you this, Coovo, but it was during last weekend's Halo blowout, and you were a little low on ammo, so I understand if it failed to solidify in your cranium.

I can't believe Ryan is an attorney in New Orleans. I mean, whatever happened to his pledge to never celebrate Mardi Gras again until they dubbed it Horizontally Challenged Tuesday?

Ryan said...

So much irony seeing Penny Hardaway in a post titled "a nickel..."

Yes, I am an attorney in NO. I represent myself. Sort of existential of me, eh?

Unknown said...

where's my nickel??

Unknown said...

make it a dime...